This was a challenge for people to draw a map, any kind of map, within a five-minute time limit. There were no prizes. No one was standing over your back with a timer and to be honest no one really cared if you went over by a couple of minutes.
There were only a handful of participants but I was one of them and it’s something I always remember fondly. Not so long ago I made an effort to bring this mapping meme back, with some results. Not a lot of people took part but a few did and every week it seems like we get one or two more people joining in on the fun.
Well, now that I have The Tabletop Bellhop as a platform I decided to try to get this to branch out and spread the word, so that it’s not just a G+ thing.
I welcome you to the first Tabletop Bellhop #FridayFiveMinuteMap. I’m going to try to do one of these every week and post it. I encourage you to do the same.
- Draw a map. Any way you want. Hand-drawn, digital, finger paints, whatever medium you want.
- Try to only take about five minutes. No one is timing you and we aren’t going to be mad if you go a bit over.
- Take a picture of the map.
- Post it online using the hashtag #FridayFiveMinuteMap. Share this wherever. I posted mine on G+, Facebook, Instagram and here.
- Search the hashtag and promote other’s work. Comment, like, share, +1. Enjoy what others have created
I look forward to seeing your maps next Friday!