Ask the Bellhop: “What are some good 2-player co-op games?”
Review: Imhotep Builder of Egypt
We also discuss digital board game plays and more.
Q&A topics include:
- Do you have a recommendation for a party game to take to Thanksgiving for people that don’t normally play board games?
- Do you guys plow through a rule book to learn a game, or do you watch a video, or a combo of both?
- Are there any terrible rule books you wanna call out?
- You have a $10 price limit for a Secret Santa gift exchange. What game do you buy?
- Any yet to be released games you’re excited about?
- Have you ever got a nice deal on a game at a thrift store or garage sale?
- What game do you own that you have wanted to play forever, but no one will play with you?
- What are the game accessories you can’t live without?
- What is a product license that you want to see a good board game made for?
- What is a good Cyberpunk board game?
- On board game night, how do you decide what to bring?
- Do you ever try to play some themed background music or sound effects while gaming?
Review: King of the Dice
We also discuss Cthulhu Death May Die, licenced games we want to see, game accessories we can’t live without, and much more.
Ask the Bellhop: “What’s the fastest path to getting to be a solid DM?”
Review: Horrified Universal Monsters
We also discuss Pulsar 2849, For the Queen, and more.
Ask the Bellhop: “What makes for a great licensed board game? What are some of the best (and worst) licensed games you’ve played?”
Review: Minecraft Builders & Biomes
We also discuss Universal Monsters Horrified and more.
Ask the Bellhop: “How did your local Extra Life weekend go and what games got played?”
Review: Cthulhu Death May Die
We also talk about Go Cuckoo, Minecraft: Builders & Biomes, Gaslands, But Wait There’s More…, and more.
AMA topics include:
What is the best way to tell someone you hate a game without hurting their feelings or sounding like a jerk?
What do you do when you have a steady weekly group, and as time goes by, you’ve got 1 player who’s getting less willing to play other games?
Is there a game you have been badly wanting to table, but it just keeps getting pushed back for one reason or another?
If you were going to a Halloween themed party and you could bring one board game, what would it be?
Was there ever a game so bad that it made you want to stop playing games altogether?
Review: First Thoughts on Vinhos Deluxe by Eagle-Gryphon Games
We also discuss horror board game suggestions, Dead Man’s Cabal, Gold West, and more.
Ask the Bellhop: “What can I do to raise money through tabletop gaming?”
Review: EXIT The Game: The Secret Lab
We also discuss Horror/Halloween themed gaming, games that are great with a group of mixed gaming experience, and more.
Ask the Bellhop: “What are some board games that are simple enough that they won’t overwhelm newbs, but interesting enough to engage gamers?”
We also discuss Endeavor, Anachrony, The Duke, and more.
Ask the Bellhop: “Can fan created player aids actually help? Which kinds help the most? Can they help veteran players?”
Review: Digital Terraforming Mars on Steam
We also discuss wedding reception gaming, Eminent Domain, Azul, and more.
Ask the Bellhop: “What’s the best gateway area control game?”
Review: Horizons from Daily Magic Games
We also talk about the Paranoia Red Clearance Starter Set, 5th Ed D&D, and more.